Total de visualizações de página

segunda-feira, 24 de setembro de 2012

Emptying what is full, filling what is empty

Hello again dear reader!
I was having lunch with a dear pastor friend of mine two weeks ago, and I was puzzled by one statement she made...
"Sometimes, we need to empty what is full, and fill what is empty Raquel."
sometimes we are just too full up!

I went home and pondered about that... for nearly two weeks (sometimes I'm a wee bit slow, you know. Lol)!

Funny thing is that she was sharing some stuff about herself... but when we are sensitive enough God can speak to us through anything. I heard of people who received direction through sticker bumpers (i know it sounds a bit odd and weird)... but anything is possible for those who believe!

Well, let's go back to that statement, shall we? 
"Sometimes, we need to empty what is full, and fill what is empty."
But how do I know what things should I empty or fill in my life? The doubt mode was creeping in...
Then I remember a commandment: "But ever be filled and stimulated with the [Holy] Spirit. (Ef.5:18).
 I can not be filled with God's Spirit while I am full of myself, my own ideas.
I can not be filled with God's life, while I am full of negative and deadly emotions.
I can not be filled with God's Word while I am full of everybody else's opinions.

In other hand, I can not love others if I'm emptied of love myself;
I can not be merciful to others if I'm emptied of God's grace for me;
I can not forgive people who offended me, if I'm emptied of God's forgiveness towards me.


Then I finally got it!

"Sometimes, we need to empty what is full, and fill what is empty."

We receive more info daily than we can actually process. We need to do a 'spring clean' in our thoughts and mind now and then! Some tips on that in my post http://capuccino-com-fe.blogspot.com.br/2012/09/spring-clean-hello-dear-reader-grace.html
Even when it comes down to our spirituality, many times we are just so full of strange beliefs, that we can not understand what God is trying to say or do in our lives.

I was just so full of crap it was sad! I thought I was spiritual, but I was a scared religious person, trying so desperately "to be loved and accepted" by a very mean and highly demanding God! As it turned out, God is not like that at all!
 "But in our time something new has been added. What Moses and the prophets witnessed to all those years has happened. The God-setting-things-right that we read about has become Jesus-setting-things-right for us. And not only for us, but for everyone who believes in him. For there is no difference between us and them in this. Since we’ve compiled this long and sorry record as sinners (both us and them) and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the glorious lives God wills for us, God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we’re in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ."(Romans 3:21-24 MSG).

So, in order to know what and when we need to empty things in our lives, or fill it up,  we just need to trust God on this matter daily. Stay tuned to Him, He will kindly let you know.

God bless you!
Pr Raquel








Nenhum comentário:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...