Hello Dear reader! Grace and Peace!
Spring is just around the corner (in the southern hemispheric)! Isn't it hard to believe that in 97 days will be Christmas again? I feel like it was only yesterday I was rushing about the shops, trying to find that perfect gift for my lovely hubby! Soon I will be doing all that againnnn!
When I lived for five years in the UK, I got very familiar with the term "Spring Clean".
Spring Clean happens in March, and it is when everybody starts doing a major clean up around the house and garden, preparing for the new season - Spring. For a lot of people it's a dreadful time and yet exciting! I used to love it! After the long wet Winter months, comes Spring, so fresh, so invigorating... full of life and colors... It's my favorite Season, for definite.
We used to clean and de-clutter the house and the garage... specially the garage (My British hubby, never could explain why majority of the people there, uses the garage to dump stuff and not to park the car! - never quite understand that...). I really enjoyed refreshing the Decor and the garden. Hubby says he doesn't miss his most hated equipment - the Lawn mower!
Well, I want to cease the opportunity of a new season starting, to talk about our new year's resolution plans & goals. If you are like me, you made one. Maybe it was stop smoking this year, or to lose some weight (better to eliminate them, 'cause if you lose something you can always find it! - funny a-ha), maybe was something spiritual - more prayer, deep bible study, church attendance. Whatever was your goal, maybe you ended up giving up on it after things got a little too tough. I want to encourage you. Yes, you who totally messed it up this year; You whose dreams and plans seem to be going in a completely different direction... Don't give up!
If you have faith in God, you should know that it's not over until God says it's over!
Most of the times we wait for our circumstances to change, we wait for our spouse to change, we wait for things at work to change... and we wait, and wait some more. Then we get frustrated and resentful. What I discover is that, we are the ones who need to change! God gave you YOUR life, you are the only one responsible for it. So if things are not going the way you want, only you can change it - stop blaming others and take responsibility for your life - all of it!
"The Miracle you need is already on the inside of you."
If you need balance and order in your life, ask God to help you. I often say that God never wastes anything - In nature everything has a purpose, and in the Bible as well. Please marvel with me:
Let's take for example the number 4.
4 is the number of order and balance in the Bible -
- 4 Seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter)
- 4 Directions (North, South, East and West)
- 4 People carried the Ark of the Covenant
- 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John)
- 4 were the days Lazarus was dead before Christ resurrected him.
- 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse and etc.
Here are a few tips to get you ready for the new season, and ready for the outpouring of God's blessings over you.
|Like our page>>>>>http://www.facebook.com/|
- Clean up your house - Yes! Get the clutter out, clean the cupboards and wardrobes. Clean the garage (even if it goes against your cultural background, Lol). Don't forget to clean up your PC and desktop. It has been proven that cleaning your house, office, reduces stress and brings a feeling of well being, so get started! If cleaning is not your cup of tea (not particularly mine either), get help and do a wee bit every day.
- If you can, move your furniture around. Get new cheap items to dress up your living room and your bed. Change your pictures and rotate ornaments - it's a simple and cheap way to refresh your home.
- What about a spring clean in your soul and mind? recycle your old ideas and get rid of negative emotions!
- Make a list of people that you for some reason stop talking to, or you hold a grudge against. Bitterness and unforgiveness it's the number one "Blessing-hindrance" in a person's life. So do yourself a big favor, and forgive for yourself's sake!
- Do you need to get things right with someone? - owe money, owe an apology, a favor, an explanation - So do it! Get the blessing pipe clean up.
- Do something nice and new to yourself - get a new look, new hair style/color, get a new outfit... something outward to express the change inward.
- Show gratitude to God and to others who helped you. Gratitude positions you for the blessing of God and keep depression and discouragement away. So tell God about the things you are grateful for and don't forget to do something to show gratitude to the people who helped you too!
Ready to start?